Bebeth

The 2nd blog is dedicated to my first child, Bethanie, we call her Bebeth sometimes. I decided to create one for her, as it is not fair if I only created one for her sister to be - Charmaine. This is to capture the precious moments and her milestones from now 15 mths till she grows up. Hope you enjoy it!

Friday, June 04, 2010

Violin




Bethanie has since been learning violin at SEIMPI since November 2009. She is with teacher Hara, a Philippino. I did not attend the class with her, simply because Charmaine and Bethanie have the same timing for the classes. As Charmaine is still young, I will attend the class with her at 10 am on Saturday and Bethanie will just sit outside the class and wait for her class to start at 10.45 am. Her violin class is only 1/2 hour once a week, and it costs me 140 dollars every month. I bought a Sarasate small violin for her, I think I paid $88 dollar or 100 for that piece from the school, it was on offer.




Tomorrow she is going to perform for concert at DBS. She will play 2 items, one is piano under teacher Marcia - song item is I HAVE A DREAM - ABBA. The 2nd item is violin under teacher Hara, - Mambo....something.




here is the video i took during the rehearsal and practice with the other kids.




I was actually quite impressed by her. She literally just practiced playing violin once a week half an hour and the time is only during her class with teacher. When she goes home, she never touches the violin at all, the violin is chucked in the storeroom until the next week again.


With that so much less time she practiced, and she could play quite well, i am as the mother very proud of her.




She is a fast learner. At first I thought I wanted to pull her out and just concentrate on piano alone. The course fee is too expensive and every month I have to fork out 370 just for music course fee for the two sisters, i feel the pinch. I persevere and pressed on. I must admit it's more my expectation at this point of time. I just hope when she grows up she will develop the interest more on violin and by that time she probably will know which one interest her more and then she could choose one or two. As the parent, if i let her choose at a very young age, i am just afraid it is going to be a pitiful and regretful decision and it's too premature to say she does not have interest in violin.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home