Bebeth

The 2nd blog is dedicated to my first child, Bethanie, we call her Bebeth sometimes. I decided to create one for her, as it is not fair if I only created one for her sister to be - Charmaine. This is to capture the precious moments and her milestones from now 15 mths till she grows up. Hope you enjoy it!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Glenn Doman Programme

Finally we made our way to GlennDoman at Upper Thomson, on last monday 23 June. Bebeth was with us during the presentation. It was an mind opener session, Daryl shared with us why baby/tod should start reading English and Mandarin and learning Math since young. Could not believe that we spent that much, we got English and Mandarin Kit, it says that it last for 2 year program. Well, since we have Bebeth and Charmaine, it is worth buying though. The 2 programs come with 2 boxes each, total 4 boxes, and they are huge and heavy. The flash cards are big and striking. We were very excited and on Wednesday 25 June, we attended the workshop. How I wish if I have known this GD long ago, we may start Bebeth when she was before 2. Well, the trainer Lawrence said, it is ok, she is 3, so we bought another program which was Math. Total spent was $1550, phew it's a huge money. But as the trainer said, parents should not think this is an investment, it is a gift to our children. Whether the investment can grow or not, it's a separate thing. it will create stress to the children because we expect something in return. Yup, I do agree with this philosophy. And it's a gift to my daughters learning process and it is supposed to be an enjoyable learning process. We were wrong in many ways. But it's not too late to correct the methodology. I am glad I came to know about this program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home