Bebeth

The 2nd blog is dedicated to my first child, Bethanie, we call her Bebeth sometimes. I decided to create one for her, as it is not fair if I only created one for her sister to be - Charmaine. This is to capture the precious moments and her milestones from now 15 mths till she grows up. Hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Lady Bird Series

I always feel I am not a good mom. I have plans to do with my girls, doing art, buy books for her, teach her phonics, reading, bahasa Indonesia, doing math, Chinese, doing activity books, plenty, but at the end of the day, I am stuck with my job. Week 1 and 2 of the month are always the most hestic weeks. I sacrifice my jogging (cut down to only 3-4 times a week), teaching and playing with them.

Despite all that, I am thankful that Beth is a healthy and smart girl. She has been coughing for the last 2 weeks after the Malaysia trip. Her cough is only triggerred at night and actually middle of the night, to be precise. I pity her....oh.....she is very prone to phlegm, cough since she went to childcare. Because my upset about her sickness, I ended up scolding her. I tried not to, you know. I have to ask my maid to administer the medicine to her, and only can remind her about it. If I can take care of her myself, i wonder she will be well taken care of.

Oh yeah, on English reading, I started her with Lady Bird series, Key Words with Lady Bird, thanks to Tamarind who introduced me to this series. It is indeed a very good source to teach young kids about Reading. I must thank her for that, because of her hard work that encouraged me to start with. I do not have my originality and to explore myself which books/methods to start with.










So, the series has a, b and c, from no 1 to 12 (if I am not wrong). I can't remember exactly I bought these books for her. But now I have 1 to 5 series, and plan to buy 6 and 7. Beth has been reminding me to buy that series, she was upset caused I forgot to buy last Sunday at Takashimaya. I had intended to do so, but my mind slipped. So this is my promise to Beth to buy her books on this coming Saturday. She likes to do the serial c books, she has finished all the C books and as I said before, if one day when she knows more thing, she probably will not realize that she has been tricked by her mom to excel in her English and all. hihihi...but she is really enjoying all these activities that I create for her. In fact, she is too enthusiastic to explore the new things. I told her, Beth, you have to finish the C book, then mommy will buy the next series. She was motivated to quickly to finish reading and working on c book, so that she can have the new books.

I guess I bought these back then in January. Within 3 months, she can read all from 1 to 5. From 1 or a few words like below in Serial 1, to a few paragrahps like in Book 5.




















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home