Bebeth

The 2nd blog is dedicated to my first child, Bethanie, we call her Bebeth sometimes. I decided to create one for her, as it is not fair if I only created one for her sister to be - Charmaine. This is to capture the precious moments and her milestones from now 15 mths till she grows up. Hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Will I kill her interest in Reading???

Yesterday, my colleague said out something that strike my mind. I showed her : Key words with Ladybird 7A, i just bought this for my coming 4 year old girl. I have been following Tamarind's path/method by introducing her Lady bird from series 1 abc, to now 7a (supposed to be 6, but kinokuniya ran out of stock). The page contains lengthy sentences and a few paragraphs. No doubt, she is very much interested in books, she loves books and she CAN read (yes she can though it's not very fluently, but practice makes better). I started buying this book 1a - 3c last Jan and she is now reading 7 series. But my colleague,..."omg....will you kill her interest in reading by introducing such a lengthy page for her to read?" It never occurred in my mind that my good intention by introducing this series progressively can kill her interest. I pulled back and pondered.....but I dunno .....

This morning before she went to school (childcare), she was reading 7a.

She was the one who reminded me to buy this book since last week. I slipped my mind to buy in the lift, and she was upset.....and since then she kept reminding me to buy series 6 and 7. I kept my promise, last saturday I went to Orchard to buy. She was motivated to learn, as I tricked her....she loves to do her activity book C, she finished all her C books. I said, Bethanie, if you finish the 5c, then mommy will buy you book 6 and 7. She finished book 5 c within a day. It's just very easy to teach her. It's a joy teaching her, because she responds very well to my teaching, she asks lots of questions, she is enthusiastic working her activity books, reading books. The best thing is that she does not realize that she has put in hard work. She thought all these while she was playing games all along, books are her toys, didn't I mention before that books are the two sisters' toys, they fought over the book as if they were their favourite toys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home